Tuesday, December 18, 2007

There Are Good Reasons

To live in Michigan that is. While it doesn't always have a lot to recommend it, but this is one of those good reasons:


Yep, spectacular sunsets (alright, this isn't one of my better shots, but I can't find the one I want to post)! You would think, Hawaii or California would have the best, and I've seen a few of each of those -they're good, no doubt. But there's something about a winter sunset here - just beautiful! I will concede that you need a nice winter day, which can be few and far between, but give a girl a few points from trying.

Current Music: Mele Kalikimaka (Hawaiian Christmas)- Jimmy Buffet

4 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

The pinks and purple glows we get here on a perfect dusk for them? Yeah, I totally agree. It makes me pause and appreciate things I forget to when they just seem so routine.

Anonymous said...

My whole family is from Michigan. My parents grew up in Detroit and both sets of grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins never left Michigan so i do remember those sunsets when we would spend x-mas up there. they are very beautiful, mandy lou. :)

Scoobers said...

The pink against the snow is beautiful.

"A pinkish hue... A rosy glow!" :)

Lori said...

I have to agree, the sunsets are great in Michigan. I prefer the summer ones by the lake.
The winter ones happen so early, I usually miss them.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com