Monday, December 17, 2007

It's So Wrong It's Right

All right, I admit it - I go to a tanning booth. It's a bit of a habit, but I can stop any time, really, I swear.

The first winter I moved here I was miserable, I was depressed, I could barely get out and do things. I figured that I was just having trouble adjusting, or missing my family. After spending a week at home with my family for Thanksgiving I realized it wasn't that I missed my family - I missed the sun!

It seemed that the only way I was going to get some sun was to go and buy it. I weighed the pros and cons - thought it through and then went out and bought some 15 SPF. It was a bit strange, I didn't know where to go, I didn't know what to do or how much it would cost. But I did it - and now I couldn't be happier (and Scott too - now come mid-November when I start getting grouchy he says "Isn't it time for you to start tanning?").

So now, from Mid-November to April or May (depends on the way Spring is going) I tan a couple of nights a week. I just pop in for 5 to 7 minutes of light and heat and happiness. When I come out of the tanning bed, I'm so warm and cozy, I feel like I'm glowing. Even coming home to a messy house, bad dog and pissy husband barely makes a dent on my fabulous mood - of course that makes me want to do it more often.

All things in moderation...

Current Music: Snow - Bing Crosby

4 comments:

Scoobers said...

If I lived in the land of snow advisories, blizzards and ice storms, I think I might cave and start going to a tanning booth also.

SPF30

Anonymous said...

i think that's great, mandy lou! i hate how my skin looks in the winter-all scaley and dry and pasty white. i've always wanted to try that spray on tan but i'd probably come out looking orange knowing my luck!! :)

Happy tanning, girl!! :)

Lori said...

Do you even get much of a tan with only 5-7 minutes?
When I moved to Seattle I felt the same way. You never see sun there from about oct to june.
My husband and I like to travel to warm places with SUN in the winter, which gives me a temporary fix. Unfortunately we may not get out warm vacation this yeat ( taking a newborn on vacation could be a waste of money seeing as I don't leave the house till 3pm if at all these days)

Anonymous said...

As long as you avoid the appearance of being a tall Oompah Loopah.

I do have a policy of making fun of orange people.

I'm originally from Iowa, and I much prefer the land of snow and ice to Texas (where I am now) which has two seasons: Baking Hot and Not So Baking Hot.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com