Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 15

Ok - half way through the Holidailies - and already running down. I'll keep at it, cause it's super fun (are you feeling the sarcasm?).

But I have been a bit busy - so that's part of it.

Come to think of it, I haven't told you why I'm so busy. Remember that wine thing I told you about? Well I decided to do it. So on Friday and every other Saturday nights (I just can't give up all of my pitiful social life), I present wine, offer suggestions on wine parings and back up the wait staff.

So far I've worked two nights, waited on four tables and poured a couple of bottles of wine. Strangely enough, it's kind of fun. I'm meeting some new gals, tasting some good food and making some really nice tips.

Scott thinks I'll get tired and burn-out in a month. I told him that it's a new restaurant in a less than happening spot - it might not be open long enough for me to burn out (of course I'm not wishing for that, but let's be realistic). But you know, a little extra spending money and some new experiences - so far so good!

Well, I'm off to do some real work, email some plans then head off to my new work! (see I'm a busy girl!)

Current Music: Move Along - All American Rejects

6 comments:

Lori said...

Glad your liking your second job. It does sound kind of fun. Just try not to burn out making those extra bucks.

Karen Jo said...

Your new job sounds kind of fun to me. I hope you really enjoy it.

Thank you for your kind words about my sister-in-law. They really helped me.

Scoobers said...

That sounds like the type of job I dream of doing on those days that 'real' work gets to me.
Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

That job sounds awesome! I would love doing something like that. Glad you're enjoyin' it!

kimmyk said...

i tried that whole second job gig for a while during the holidays and oh my gosh, i was so tired by the end of my day. it lasted all of about 2 weeks.

i hope you last longer than me.

thank you for my socks too btw. i absolutely love them!

Anonymous said...

All I know about wine is that I don't like the red. Ever. It can be counted upon.

Sounds like fun though.

DO you think they'd let someone do it who knows nothing and doesn't really care for the product?

Like the people who work at McDonald's.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com