Thursday, December 27, 2007

Not A Vacation

I repeat this is not a vacation.

This is going home for the holidays. This is every friend and relative that you've ever had demanding more time from you than you ever gave them when you lived close by. This is every moment of your trip scheduled so that you can see the most people in the least amount of time. This is exhausting.

A vacation is somewhere warm, sandy, sunny and quiet. It does not include children screaming, malls, construction at 7am, after Christmas shopping, overeating (well maybe that one is a bit much), traffic, fighting or crying. So far I have experienced all of the above - and yet everyone continues to ask "How's your vacation going?".

I'm sure I've said this before, but please someone remind me next year - that I do not want to go home for the holidays!

Current Music: Vacation - Guttermouth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha!! amen to that, mandy lou! being around my family is never a vacation for me either!! i keep dreaming of pina coladas on sandy beaches myself. *sigh* :)

Lori said...

I have to agree with you on that one. I am at my moms and we have 20 people in one house and 10 of them are kids under the age of 13, which makes putting my baby down for naps very difficult. I think I will need a vacation when I get home to recover from this one. Somewhere warm and sunny sounds very good right now.
Do your best to enjoy the rest of your vacation, and try to say NO to the things you dont want to do, you may hurt some feelings but they'll get over it.

Scoobers said...

aw.

it's all about setting limits. you can't see everyone all the time.

but you miss certain people all the time. those are the ones to make definite time for.

hope you'll find some time to relax when it's all done.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com