Friday, July 20, 2007

Boat Night!

Big party tonight! It's the night before the big Port Huron to Mackinac Race, and this is the night that everyone lets loose (though I seriously wonder how all those sailors can manage in the morning - some of them will be out till the wee hours of the night)! But this year is a bit different, we're gaining a designated driver - Scott is joining the race! J's boat is down a crew member, so Scott jumped into the breach. It's been 20 years since he's raced, but he's pretty stoked. So we'll need to make it a bit of an early evening so that Scott isn't too bleary eyed or hung-over tomorrow (though there's no reason why I can't be!).

At this point our schedule is totally booked for the day and evening. We're going to take the boat out with J & M and the kids and look at all the boats this afternoon, then we're hitting the parties around 6:30 (I know we'll be hitting the Yacht Club and the Vintage Tavern - I'm not sure what else!). It should be a bit chilly, but it will be a fun evening - looking forward to it!

My mom just called - apparently they were awakened by an earthquake this morning! The last two times I've been home there have been small quakes, wonder if this means I need to go home?

Oh yeah - and it's Friday - so here's a Friday's Feast:
Appetizer: On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do enjoy watching sports on television?
3, there are very few sports that translate well to TV - I am a fan of going to the game

Soup: If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?
Hmmm, this is a tough one - the thing that first came to mind was T.S. Elliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. It's a collection of poems about cats that they based the musical Cats on. I'm not a huge fan of T.S. Elliot or Cats, though I love my cats, but they are wonderful poems and I can't really see the use of memorizing a novel. Somehow it just seems right to memorize poetry.

Salad: What is your favorite breakfast food?
That one is easy - my favorite would be Eggs Benedict.

Main Course: Name something fun you can do for less than $10.00.
Jeeze, there's not much - but I guess go to the movies (as long as you don't buy popcorn). I like to go to our local paper store and crop - that only costs $10, but it's not for everyone!

Dessert: How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?
Usually about a half an hour, I've got to read for a while. It's a rare night that I just lay down and sleep.

Current Music: California Sun - Jem

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com