Monday, July 30, 2007

I need some QUIET!

I am so tired of noise! I'm currently listening to Scott yell into the cell phone (he can't manage to have a phone conversation at a normal volume).

I always forget about the noise of summer. At work I sit under a very loud air conditioning unit. At home we have an equally loud unit that cycles on and off, requiring the constant change in TV volume. In addition to the AC unit, we've got two fans running all the time. Then there are the boats, the jet-skiers, the lawn mowers - it's all more noise!

In the dead of winter, there's no noise - the snow muffles everything, even the random snow-mobile. I rarely remember how wonderful that lack of noise is in winter, all I want is a fabulous summer day.

I think a favorite quote applies here: "A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." - James Dent.

Next winter somebody please remind me that I really do love winters!

Current Music: watching TV, Men in Trees re-run - still clearing off the tivo.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com