Monday, July 02, 2007

June Round-Up

It's that time again! Here's the round-up for June

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Hmm, the usual suspects when it comes to magazines. As for books, I read a particularly bad mystery book about talking cats - and just finished another average mystery that I can't even remember the name of (it was that memorable). I am thinking about starting the Harry Potter series again, gotta get prepared for the final book!

What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
The Closer started - love that show! Also watched the Starter Wife and started watching Burn Notice - looks like it should be good. Loved the Started Wife, but I think it's over, I sort of thought it was a real series. Other than that it was re-run city.
As far as movies go we finally got out to see Pirates 3, it was good, but I was a bit disappointed. It could have been better, and it did wrap everything up - but I still feel like they left a big opening for more movies.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
There were lots again this month! My dad's birthday, my BIL's half-birthday (we celebrate a half b-day since his real one is right around Christmas and he always gets jipped!), my parent's anniversary, both of my parent's dogs are born in June and of course Father's day. The only thing we really celebrated was Father's day - since the family is all out on the left coast, I just sent presents. We celebrated Father's day much in the same way we celebrated Mother's day, quiet and uneventful.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I gave my BIL the new Harry Potter book (well I pre-ordered it for him, so it will arrive on his door step on the day of release and then he'll call me and we'll geek-out over it). I gave my dad an interesting book about Oak trees and a handmade picture frame with a picture of the two of us at a ball game. We (the pets and I) gave Scott some shorts for Father's day, but then he really liked them so I had to go back and buy a second pair (so I think that counts toward his present).

Since my mom was out visiting we got some extra goodies - chili, bread and cookies from home (I just can't find it out here!). She also brought out a few random presents from my sister - scrapbooking paper, a cute hand bag and a funny cat calendar.

Super props for my sis - she managed to find the white wing rub-ons that I really need to do the scrapbook page of my nieces in the snow!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
We were in good health again this month, Scott's still having trouble with his hell hurting, and we both had a wicked case of hay-fever, but all in all we are well.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Yet again, we had another fun month, we went to the Barenaked Ladies concert, had a BBQ at D & R's house (their sons were in town too), my mom was in town for a week, we took mom to see a recreation of the Nina (you know, Columbus' ship), strolled the St. Clair Art Fair with mom, went out to dinner with J & M and mom and went down to have dinner with JC.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Not much in the cooking department - printed off a bunch of recipes I wasn't to try, but haven't tried them yet. I did try a new stuffed shell recipe that was pretty good and also made a very disappointing tomato and chicken pasta. But since it's summer and we had mom in town there's not a lot of cooking going on.

We did try a good Italian place when we went out with JC, but other than that it was just take out, salads and quick fix eating.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Happily, there were no special purchases - as usual I bought scrapbooking stuff I didn't need and a few clothes that I did need, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What were this month's disappointments?
No disappointments this month (well no more than usual) - still no baby and money is an ongoing concern, but no major problems this month.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Still doing really well on the WOMAN Challenge - this is the last week and I've already met my goal for the whole challenge! The group is doing well too - I think everybody had fun with it.

Our company was featured in a local magazine, and my interior design article was in it!

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Scott's class was featured in the quarterly College newsletter - complete with a picture of the guys working in class (Scott's not in it though).

Of course a thing to mention is my mom's visit - I know I wasn't very nice in the other posts, but we love summer visitors and it's good to see our family. We look forward to the next invasion in August/September when dad arrives.

Current Music: All That We Needed - Plain White T's

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com