Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Big Day

My niece started Pre-School today, but I could swear that she was just learning to walk a month ago (or was that the other one!). I can't even imagine what my sister is going through - her baby is off to school (though she still has one baby at home to keep her busy). When I got the picture message that she was off to school I got all teary-eyed - Mer must be a mess!

I do wish I could have been there today - I miss so much being out here, and it's days like today that really make it hit home. I was there a few moments after she was born, I helped feed her her first cereal, I was the reason she made her first cross-country trip (at the ripe old age of 6 months). She's the first person I want to see when I get off the plane at home and the person I want to kiss last before I put them on a plane when they come to visit - she's just got a special spot in my heart I guess.

She called (well, her mom called and put her on the speaker phone) when she got home from school and she told me about her day and her very cute outfit (she's a little fashonista - which I probably why I love her so). I told her how proud we were of her (Uncle Scott couldn't believe it either), and how we couldn't wait to see all her art projects when we come home for Christmas.

After I hung up I cried a while, realizing that everything grows and goes on - even when you live 3000 miles away.

Current Music: Within You - Ray LaMontagne

1 comments:

kimmyk said...

i'm sure she knows how important she is to you.

they grow up so fast. it sucks!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com