Monday, September 17, 2007

Can Barely Wait

Happily, I don't have to wait too long - my Dad will be here on Wednesday. Oh, I know that I complain about my family, but I've really been missing my dad lately.

I was on the phone with my sister the other day - and we were talking about talking with Dad, how silly it can get, all the random things that we are bound to talk about with him. Then she said "that's what I'll miss most", like he's going to die any minute - ack! I realize that given his heart transplant, he will (more than likely) have a reduced life span, but I just hate to look at it that way.

I guess the thing that really got me missing him was when I was at the market today - I saw a little old man picking over the butter case - not that my dad was as old as this old gentleman, but it was something he'd do. I nearly broke down in the dairy isle - I hadn't realized how much I miss him. I'm really looking forward to Wednesday afternoon!

Current Music: just the TV, yep Good Eats (seriously, I love that show!)

1 comments:

kimmyk said...

oh how sweet.

i too hate to think of a time when my folks will be gone. with each passing day we all get older...sometimes doesn't seem right.

enjoy your visit tomorrow.
i'm going home for a couple of days tomorrow myself to see the 'rents.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com