Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Let's Take a Moment

Let's just take a moment and ponder the following:

1. Today Scott took the day off, played basketball, got his hair cut, played video and watch TV.
2. Yesterday I worked from home all day.

So why is it that I get a ration of crap for not doing the laundry yesterday and yet somehow it's more than enough work to "sort" a basket of laundry today? How is it ok that I work two jobs (alright that's a bit much - one full time and one Friday night job), and he can take three days off in a week and complain about working on Saturday?

To add insult to injury - my mother sent him a cake for Valentine's, in case you were wondering I got a vacuum sealer bag. Yep, he got a cake, his favorite cake - and I hate that cake, and to make it even worse I actually have to make the cake because she sent the damn thing in packets.

It's good to be the king, apparently...

In other news, NaBloPoMo is doing a "make any month NaBloPoMo" - I'm thinking about doing it. I'm bummed that I'm not posting much, maybe I need a kick in the ass, oh wait maybe that's Scott that need a kick.

Current Music: What a Good Boy - Barenaked Ladies

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

oh, honey...

my husband gets 'man blindness' to anything like laundry or other tasks that need done during times when i'm otherwise occupied, so, in a sense, i get this. it may be in reverse because he wonders "why is it so important?", but i get this.

i'm taking deep breaths for you!

Anonymous said...

i've missed you mandu lou!!!

girl, i would faint if my husband so much as took out the trash!!

Lori said...

So your thinking about ditching the blogging without obligation thing?
I agree, men definitely get the better end of the deal when it comes to home life.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com